On October 11, we will celebrate the first annual United Nations International Day of the Girl at Riverside Church in New York City. LitWorld's Stand Up for Girls signature event will inspire women and men, girls and boys of all ages to join their voices together to advocate for every girl's right to a quality education. Check out the Stand Up for Girls Event page for full details.
Your Top Five Actions to Stand Up for Girls
1. Tell 10 people today about the Stand Up for Girls Campaign, and ask them to Tell 10 more. Together we can get the whole world to Stand Up.
2. Enter the Stand Up for Girls Photo Contest. For each photo you post to our Facebook timeline, you will be entered to win a pair of tickets to the LitWorld Gala 2013!
3. Sign the Stand Up for Girls Pledge to declare your commitment to create positive change for girls in your community.
4. Write about Stand Up for Girls on your personal blog, share posts on your Facebook page, and tweet using the hashtag #standup4girls.
5. At noon on October 11, make sure to physically Stand Up for every girl's right to a quality education.